Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Tourist Information Center

So, I'm from Baguio - and because I am from Baguio, my non - Baguio friends expect me to know much about the place - like where to go, where to stay, how much, etc. etc.
I'm a bad source for tourist information though, because I hardly go to the places where tourists frequent here in Baguio. In fact, I hardly go out.
But the latest query I got was this: "Where's a good dormitory-type place to stay in Baguio?"
My friend's office was to have a team building activity of sorts and because I'm from Baguio I should know this kind of stuff.
Fortunately, I've had a little experience on this. I have three recommendations, all good places, all accessible, all at the range of 150 to 250 per person per night

The venue of choice for large group lodging is Teachers' Camp - but you would have to make reservations in advance because it's usually fully booked during the peak months. Contact numbers below:

Teachers' Camp
Superintendent
Baguio City
074-442-3517; 442-6032

The Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary (PBTS) is also a treat to be lodged in - it has the pine tree laden ambience that Baguio should have. It's compound is not as expansive as Teachers' Camp - but it might just be the right amount of space one needs for a short quiet walk in the woods. There are many amenities within the compound - including a gym, a tennis court, and a cafeteria with indoor and outdoor tables. The outdoor tables are actually very nice - opening into a veranda and the compound's greenery for the view. Call 074-445-6063 for inquiries.

Maryknoll Ecological Sanctuary is a tourist destination in itself with it's ecopark and trail. Taking what is called a "Cosmic Journey," one may follow a trail that begins with the creation of light and ends with the habitation of humans into communities. Anyway, it's a nice place to be when you're in Baguio - but the lodging facilities are limited and the price slightly more expensive. The male and female dorms are around twenty beds each, I think. (074)442-4602 is the number to call.

There's my contribution to my friend's question. That should add to my good Baguio citizen points. :)

No comments: