Saturday, January 19, 2008

Dhaka, Bangladesh Notes

We're going to South Asia! [It's a work thing though... so either that adds or lessens the hype, depends on you. :)]

I did not try to listen much on the 'stories' and advice that went around the office regarding this trip. First, because I said I would like to spare myself the expectations, and second, the comments made it seem like the place was not worth a visit. As in, "be happy if you didn't get a visa" kind of comments.

Anyway, I realized I needed the information for the very wise purpose called preparation. So now, I'm trying to scour the net for "tourist" information on Bangladesh. But I did not really need to go far. I didn't even google yet. I went straight off to Lonely Planet and found some good stuff from the forum threads. It's nice when people share their own stories.

I still need to find out about the current weather and what clothes to wear though... I should get back to that now.

I hope to write more later.

No comments: