Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Cheesy Love Poems 1

I do make these kinds of stuff. I even made a whole booklet with one guy as an inspiration. I compiled all the cheesy stuff I made, did some effort to deliver the stuff to him (I never really knew if he got it), then disappeared from his life ( I think we both disappeared from each other's life - but it's not as if we had some sort of connection). He was one of the best images I ever fell in love with.

This one is not for him or about him. But it's cheesy. I thought you might want to have a read and share a chuckle.

01.09.08
Para kay Superman
(Habang nalulunod sa kalaliman ng kanyang pag-iisip ng mga bagay-bagay maliban sa akin)


Wala naman talagang
patutunguhan
Ang pag-uusap na ito
Dahil pareho tayong
Nakatingin sa kawalan

Ikaw lang pala

Dahil
Pinagmamasdan kita

Pilit umaasang
Nangungusap tayo
At may ugnayan
Sa ating katahimikan

Ngunit magkahawak man tayo'y
Hindi kita maramdaman
Hindi kita kasama

At dito
Sa kung tawagi'y "tayo"
Ako ay mag-isa

5 comments:

dayyuman said...

The cheesy stuff are also the most honest...

Can totally relate with the 'images I eve fell in love with'. Sometimes, we are more in love with image we have created of the person in our mind rather than with the person per se

Voyager-3 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Voyager-3 said...

This is a revelation, Eleonor, a very pleasant one. But what surprised me more was you wrote in Filipino. I never expected you to write in Filipino because you are so comfortable with English. Most Cordillerans I know are more comfortable with English, especially the older folks. My mother used to teach in Philex Mines. I remember there was a Cordilleran parent who couldn't speak Tagalog. My mother couldn't speak Ilocano or any of the Cordilleran languages so English was their common language. Funny how a "foreign" language can connect two Filipinos who can't understand each other using their native languages. :-)

findingsupergirl said...

Thanks Dayyuman and Kuya Aboy!
Sometimes I get some really good ones. I like this one too - it's like my version of the "Darna" song.

And yes, Kuya A - it is funny how English should be the common language among people of the same country. I heard someone say that in Dumaguete, even tricycle drivers would insist that visitors speak to them in English, because maybe like the Cebuanos, they're more adept and comfortable with it than Filipino/ Tagalog.

Pity I haven't written much lately - in either English or Filipino...

Voyager-3 said...

yes, i guess that would be common in the south and in the north of the Tagalog region.

you should keep writing - in both English and Filipino. :-)