Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Homecoming, of Sorts

I’m back.
At least back in the Philippines.
I arrived at the Diosdado Macapagal International Airport at Clark on an Air Asia flight from the Kuala Lumpur International Airport - Low Cost Carrier Terminal (KLIA – LCCT). I had to spell that out because the words are a story in themselves.
Clark Kent and I spent the night at the airport. Like camping. We figured to buy a sleeping bag instead of staying a half night in a hotel. It was fun. Company matters though. The last time I did that (staying overnight at the airport) at the KLIA – LCCT, I just sat on one of the chairs through the whole night. I tried lying down on the rows of chairs… but I got up every now and then anyway.

Partas and Philtranco buses are already waiting at the Clark airport. There are attendants right before the exit doors and arriving travelers can ask information from them or make arrangements. The Partas buses go to Laoag, Ilocos and it’s probably the Philtranco buses that go to Manila. After buying a ticket from the attendant, I sat at the waiting area. Someone calls out that “Yung mga sasakay ng Partas, nandito na po ang bus” and that was my cue to drag my luggage to the bus. Passengers are allowed to bring the trolleys up to where the bus is.

I sat with a returning OFW from Singapore who came in from a Tiger Airways flight and who was also going home to Baguio.

No comments: