Saturday, September 18, 2004

Pambie Herrerra's Unrequitted 2


UNREQUITED 2

my hope for this love
needs no apology nor renunciation
for my words have fully ransomed
every part of me that remains indebted
to your repose

for my fragile affection
does not require from you
a shared awareness for this hurting

still in the dearth of your movement
i want to hear your whispering form
it may be the slightest hint of refusal
or an absolute abnegation for mutuality

no amount of atonement
not even that of my flesh and blood
can ever pay for this madness
a tumultuous longing
not to be reciprocated
just the delight of hearing you speak

so i stand circling on my syncopated space
waiting for the congruent rhythm of your tongue
stagnant without your initiation
just responding out of respect
for my words which fail to cross
the threshold of your seclusion

let not your lips be unspeaking
if your resolve is to shelter me from ache
of the truth of knowing my unrequited fate
let it whip my deepest bone if it has to
like the truth of the cupbearer's tongue
that cannot elude poison

so that it may save a part of me
that I have yet to give to you without reluctance
even in your final absence of ardor
for this love
that I desolately keep sacred

inside my

tamed box

- pambie, april 12, 2004

No comments: