Thursday, November 29, 2007

Culture Shock

I added a new continent on the list of places I've been to.
It's a wonderful opportunity - not quite expected, and quite beyond my wildest dreams - although it's not actually a dream.
I guess I've traveled enough already that traveling to new places does not really come as a surprise. I'm just glad to be around.

Anyway, somebody flew me in to one of those northern countries that didn't ratify the Kyoto Protocol, but which accounts for almost half of the greenhouse gas emissions that's' causing global climate change....

I'm supposed to be on holiday.

It's funny because I have quite determined that work for me was like attending school. Right now, I feel like I'm missing my classes.. and I'm a little worried on how I would catch up.

So anyway, I'm here. And it's been great.

Except that I can't get over feeling unwell about all the excess and over-consumption that I see around. And frustrated that I can't seem to do anything about it... not even talk - for propriety.

Or I'm probably not supergirl.

See you around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are in the US of A?

yep, saddening to see people taking things for granted while the rest of the world are killing each other for a single dollar di ba?

I felt that too, I felt helpless because I cannot tell these rich kids what to do, or how to spend their money.

anyway, enjoy your time there...