Monday, September 26, 2005

Poor Man's Lunch

092305 200 pm
I just finished a Jollibee spaghetti for lunch. I watched a man in slippers waiting for the rain to stop, before he could continue walking to wherever, I do not know. But he was already drenched by the looks of him. His feet and bag he carried already mudied.
I almost cried,  while I finished my last spoonfuls of pasta and saw him pass a glance at the colorful posters and the food on the customers' tables.
He was not a beggar.
I find less heart for beggars, I think.
I cry that the working man, he that makes an honest toil, has to be poor.  


Yahoo! for Good
Click here to donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How Long Will My Brand Last?
My business may change and grow into something completely different once we get started ... Blogs are relatively new and entrepreneurs and corporations alike are just now starting to experiment with using them .
While I was surfing I discovered your blog! If you are interested, stop by my mesothelioma option treatment related site. You may find it of interest.

Anonymous said...

"Blogs Get People Excited," Media Anti-Censorship Handbook Warns
"Blogs get people excited. Or else they disturb and worry them. Some people distrust them.
Hi, I was just checking out blogs and surfing through some and found you! I like your blog. I will book mark it and come back soon. If you are interested, go see my horse news related site. It isnt anything special but you may still find something of interest.horse news

Anonymous said...

Looks like your blog is pretty popuplar. Are you interested in links exchange?Crazy Stallion